Like a cluttered house that needs to be cleared if it is to have room for movement and new life, our minds need clearing if they are to be open to new information, ideas, and inspiration. Meditation is a mental "house clearing".
Guided meditation with Julie is for those new to meditation or for those who have some previous experience and want to improve their skills. The intention of guided meditation is to quiet the mind, stop worrying, and relax. Instruction focuses on learning special breathing and deep relaxation techniques, combined with guided mental imagery. Guided meditation is as an effective tool for reducing stress and restoring health and vitality. Meditation can improve creativity, memory and increase energy and improve sleep. It helps to create a positive perspective and enhance an overall sense of well-being.
1. Meditation melts away stress. Meditation stimulates the “feel-good” prefrontal cortex brain region of the brain creating increased feelings of happiness and renewing a zest for life!
2. Meditation helps memory. When the mind is relaxed, thoughts are easier to organize and access.
3. Deep breathing exercises improve circulation and directs oxygen to the organs, including the stomach and intestines thereby improving function.
4. Meditation sharpens the mind by synchronizing both the left and right hemispheres of the brain thereby improving retention and recall. Otherwise known as brain gym.
5. Our minds and bodies are interconnected, and the condition of one affects the condition of the other. This is why meditation is such a powerful tool for healing the body.
Book a sixty minute meditation workshop for a health and wellness or personal growth event, retreats or staff wellness days. $60.00 hr.
Contact Julie to make a booking. 905-666-8238